Get helped by Google with Googlebots
Every website owner wants to get as many high rankings on Google as possible. You can lead Google and other search engine bots to the most important pages of your websites with SEO practices. Make sure that irrelevant pages of your site do not clutter the search results and that your important pages get the attention they deserve.
Why should you guide search engine robots?
Important and valuable pages will be crawled every time Google visits your website if you guide the bot. Other pages such as the ‘terms and conditions’ page on your website are not important for search engine rankings.Search engine robots can ignore these pages that do not need to be ranked. Indexing time that is spend on these pages should be spent on the more important pages of your site.
There are several different ways to guide Googlebot to the right pages:
1. Use a good robots.txt file and the the meta noindex tag
Robots.txt is the name of a text file that is available at www.your-domain.com/robots.txt. It tells search engines which parts of your website should be accessible.You should set disallow rules for all file types, folders and pages that you do not want to be indexed. Search engine robots check the robots.txt file before indexing the pages on a website.
A good robots.txt file makes sure that non relevant pages aren’t indexed.
The meta noindex tag is another way to exclude individual pages from the index. In general, you do not need this tag if you have a good robots.txt file.
2. Make sure that all of your links work
Search engine bots follow the links they find on your web pages. Broken links are a sign of low quality sites. You don’t want Googlebot to waste time on crawling links to non-existing pages on your site.
3. Improve your website structure
A good website structure with clearly categorized page content increases the likelihood that Googlebot and other search engine bots will find the important pages of your site.
The most important pages of your site should be available with a few mouse clicks.
If you do the things above, Google will index the right pages of your site. The number of indexed pages is not as important as the quality of the indexed pages. If the right web pages can be found for the right keywords, you will get many more sales.
Not sure being able to fix these technical aspects by yourself?
is your website optimized for the search engines?
Be recognized for what you do best.
Check below what Trackbusters provides in SEO services :
Trackbusters SEO Xperts : contact us now
Articles you may also like:
- Google official new ranking algorithm
- Google will route users to Accelerated Mobile Pages starting February…
- Does Google crawl dynamic websites contents ?
- Google reveals you what your states neighbors think about you
- HTTPS won’t work for ranking boost on Google
- Google knowledge panel available
- SEO : defining a low quality website?
- Google Has Discovered The 5 Key Traits Employees Need To…
- 4 main SEO’s predictions for 2016
- How Google’s Project Tango will change your life
- Amit Singhal Mr Search at Google is retiring
- Google AdWords’s 10 Common Google Mistakes
- Alphabet Inc will terminate Google Search Appliance shortly
- SEO : most common errors on websites
- AI is transforming Google search